Adding Employees to TeamSense
Need to add new team members to TeamSense? No problem.
There are two ways to add employees - you can do so one-by-one through the desktop portal or (if you have a LOT of new employees) our Support team can help import a list of employees into the system using a .CSV file.
Add employees from the desktop portal
In the desktop portal, navigate to the Employees page and click "Add Employee"
Fill out the employee's information and click "Save"
Finally, if your organization has scheduled, recurring surveys (e.g., COVID-19 symptom screening), you will also see a pop-up asking if you would like to set up a survey schedule and notified parties:
Feel free to set up a survey schedule and notified parties now, or come back to it later.
That's it! The employee is now in the system 🎉.
A few final notes on the data fields you'll see when adding an employee:
- Manager: You'll be required to add a manager for every employee so we can keep the TeamSense data as accurate as possible! If you do need to add someone who truly doesn't have a manager (e.g., they're at the top of an organizational hierarchy), then feel free to reach out to us for help!
- Contact info: You'll be required to provide either a mobile number or an email for any employee in the system (to take advantage of TeamSense functions, each employee needs some form of contact method). If you have an employee who truly doesn't have either, please reach out to us and we can help add the individual to the system.
- Language: You will only see this field if your company or division has enabled multiple languages in TeamSense.
- Division: You will only see this field if your company has enabled divisions in TeamSense. If your company has enabled divisions, you will only be able to add employees to divisions over which you have administrative access.
Add employees via an imported spreadsheet
If you are looking to add a large number of employees at one time, it's probably easiest to work with us to import a spreadsheet of employee information. Feel free to reach out to us and we'd love to help! We usually turn around typical imports within 24 hours (Mon-Fri).
When you do reach out, we will need you to provide us a spreadsheet with the following information:
- Employee Name (first, last, and preferred name if any)
- Employee 10-digit Mobile Number
- Employee Email (if they would like to add this or have a link sent via email instead)
- Notification Preference (Text or Email) * Please note: if an employee does not have access to a smartphone or email we can set-up a manager or admin to be a scheduled screener for those without access. You can learn more about that here.
- Unique Employee ID (If an employee does not have a unique ID number we are happy to assign a temporary ID for them)
- Manager Name and ID (if applicable)
- Division (if applicable)
- Group (if applicable)
- Schedule Days (ex. Monday - Saturday)
- Schedule Time To Receive Survey With Time Zone (ex. 7:00 AM ET)
- Notified Parties